We have dates!


We finally have dates! After receiving a slightly depressing estimate of the cost for the build so far. About 30-40k more than I'd hoped, however we are now up to almost 53squares of house so I guess that is reasonable lol.

Colour selection will be 18th of Sept and Tender on the 2nd of Oct.
I'm told Contract would be approx 4 weeks after tender. Still praying for an early cancellation as 4 weeks just seems such a long time away.

In the meantime, we have visited the Phoenix Tapware showroom where Arden's man was very helpful in walking us through the options. I really wanted to see the Nara range and love it so much. Will definitely have it in the powder room though I am not sure of having it in the master as hubby wants to have all brushed nickel there, which wouldnt match. I believe we have settled on the Radii and Vivid Slimline range for accessories and other items.

We will also be going with the Elinea bath from Decina IF we can't get the stone baths that I like. I love the lightweight stone bath Cambria that's made by Fienza, and there's a slightly cheaper (though heavier) limestone option, that Allure bathrooms have. Even has matching basins.

Our Contract Administrator has also made contact and seems to be on the ball so far as we have sent her a few enquiries about sourcing the baths, some timber look aluminium plus a heads up that we will be doing our own appliances. She responded within half a day, so pretty happy with that. Hopefully this will continue throughout build!

In the meantime, I'm busy trying to consolidate all my notes into one location so it will be easy to bring in to our colour selection to go through. Then next steps will be making copies of the floorplan so we can start playing around with electrical placements...especially for our network cabling as we will have 5 avid gamers in the house :P

Comments

Popular Posts